Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine’s Day Lonely Hearts Love Poetry Challenge DAY 8 (poem)


Day 8 Lonely Heart's Poetry Challenge: Here is my poem based on the Writing prompt for Day 8. I hope you all have a good read.  I hope writing these poems are helping you as much as they are helping me.  I think that if we walk with love instead of run from it, we will have a better chance at drawing the spirit of love to us.  Keep Writing Lovers!




Sister
by Ieisha McIntyre


You are the one who knows
 the secrets Momma doesn’t.
The one who helped me sin a little.
The one who helped me heal a little.
You made me laugh at mistakes and rejoice
in my victories.


You are the one who dried my tears and 
shielded my shame with her love. 
You set me on a different path.
You pointed to the signs on the road,
helped me learn to read them.


We held each others hopes 
the same way that we hugged, 
and promised ourselves
we would make them come true.


Now,  I hold your hopes forward.
My lantern.  As I walk on my way,
You are my light, my joy, my memory of love,
My Sister.

All Rights Reserved (c) 2011
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: