Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine’s Day Lonely Hearts Love Poetry Challenge DAY 7 (poem)




Hello Lonely Hearts Poets!!  I've managed to sneak a little time and get my poem written in response to the Day 7 writing prompt.  I've placed it below.  Feel free to let me know what you think.  Link, Subscribe, Share! Keep Writing Lovers.


Footpath to Joy
by Ieisha McIntyre


I.


My God - 
I may not be 
worthy of love.


My God - 
I may not have 
a soul worth saving.


But, 
who will come for
me when I die?


II.
If you love me -
I will look the other way,
When you love someone else.


If you love me - 
I will forgive you 
When you are not enough.


Why,
are you never
enough?


III.


My God,
I am Rapunzal
without hair in her tower.


My God,
I have made this tower
of pain.


Where,
is the key to
my joy?



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: