Monday, February 01, 2010

Sweet


Here is the second of my Valentine's poems. I'm attempting to write one a day until Valentine's Day.  Just sending out the love energy.

Sweet
By Ieisha McIntyre

Sweet my love – lie sweetly
Next to me. Let the strength
Of your arms wrap ‘round my waist
And pull me gently to your middle.
Lay your lips against my
Shoulder and whisper soft
The best parts of your day.
Nuzzle my hair and listen
As I pray for us –As I thank God
For the miracle of us.
Let me rest my cold feet atop yours
As we drift into sleep.

When we wake we will breath
Forth new salutations, new proclamations –
Forge new bonds and reclaim our vow.

‘Til death do us part –but not now.
Now, we are us.  We are the best of together.
We are sweet, my love.

All Rights Reserved © 2010




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: