Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Love Offering


Love Offering
By Ieisha McIntyre

The path that is my life has turned the soles of my feet cracked and calloused; has placed
Corns on my soul;
bunion ridden my heart continues to beat.
But in syncopated
Rhythms – rather in an arrhythmic throb of sorts –
both feet and heart left disabled -- fully hobbled.

Humbly.  Full of shame at my unworthiness, I offer you my calloused heart.  Sacrifice. Do with it what you will – my mind lurches.
Disbelief.  

I offer you my heart,
Bid you remove your shoes.
Come walk with me.  
Come stride cross, gravel and brambles, and shards of glass.
Take my hand full scared and bleeding,
But warm and worn from fighting,
Bring the strength of you to this journey and we will make it ours.

Or better – together forge a new path,
March head long into the fray. No longer a lone warrior, but allies instead,
Armed with the peace, love brings
Healed by nurture.
Pressed forward by faith, we are made army.

Intimate, I can give you partner in arms.
I can give you healer.
I can give you lover.
I can give you my heart,
world weary and ready for your love.

All Rights Reserved © 2010



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: