Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello Love


Hello Love
By Ieisha McIntyre

Hello love.
My heart says hello.  Take my hand and feel my love for you.
Take my hand and feel my pulse race.

Hello love.
My eyes trace the perimeter of you and map your jaw line. 
My fingers test the feather of your eyelash and the pillow of your lips.
I rest a kiss.

Hello love.
Feel the warmth of my breath as it dusts across your lips, as we speak to closely.
Too public. 
We smile and wonder at the rush of the blood and the dizzy our minds take.
Hello my love.

I welcome you. I welcome the softness of your lips against mine.
I welcome the firmness of your tongue against mine.
Twist mingle together. I welcome the strength of your body, the feel of your hand against my waist.

I welcome you. Rest your kiss soft against the curve of my neck knowing I’ve rescued you. Knowing you are hero, and home.
The comfort of surrender.
There’s no agenda, there’s no deadline, only the mercy of love.
Only the peaceful blessing of our joined fate.
Home. While the storm looms held at bay, by our love.
Hello.


All Rights Reserved © 2010




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem! I love the part at the beginning of the first three stanzas.
"Hello love"

Pamlea