Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine’s Day Lonely Hearts Love Poetry Challenge DAY 14 (poem)


Here is my response to the Day 14 writing prompt. I made these little buggers hard didn't I? Hm, funny.  I'm working on the other two.  Blessings Lonely Hearts!  I'll be back this weekend with content directed toward African-American History so look for Diasporic Voices posts in the coming weeks!




Where’s the Love?
by Ieisha McIntyre
I feel my love is no where.
And then,
a new breath enters my lungs and 
there is possibility. 
And then,
a small warm paw.
And then, 
a call from an old friend.


I feel my love is no where. 
And then,
friends become bored.
And then, 
family dies.
And then, 
there is no ring.


I feel my love is no where.
And then,
God shows his face.
In the eyes of a stranger,
In a baby in the supermarket,
In the smile looking back at me from a mirror.


There is my love.


All Rights Reserved (c) 2011


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

2 comments: