Friday, April 30, 2010

NAPOWRIMO #30: GOODBYE

I'M NOT SAYING GOODBYE! I JUST STARTED THIS FANTASTIC JOURNEY! But Readwritepoem is sadly saying goodbye. READWRITEPOEM and the poets I have met there have inspired many of the poems I have shared via my blog. I hope that you have liked them.  I've added this last poem as a goodbye to the poets of readwritepoem. I hope they will find their way to visit my blog from time to time.  I do say goodbye the the NAPOWRIMO challenge for another year. I didn't make every day's challenge but I did improve from last year.   Blessings all! Now Yah'll come back now! Yah hear?


Goodbye
by Ieisha McIntyre

There are no instructions for farewell.
No compass, nor telescope, no map
nor previous navigation.

The eyes are never strong enough to
watch forever the departure of a loved one.
The ears are never strong enough
to hear the goodbyes.

Without tears rolling
down the face,
Without the ache
welling up in the muscles of the arms,
without the mind’s hurried remembrance
the last phrases of love,
the lasting regret,
the loss of the moment
when,
perhaps everything could have been different,
We are left speechless.
adrift on the uncharted, unexpected.

Who expects to say goodbye,
When blissful moments have been shared,
and promises have been made?
We expect maps out when there is strife,
when there is disturbance,
but with good times, we want frolic and play.

Alas, today we are without our
unicorn dreams of lasting paradise.
Today we attempt in folly
to chart goodbye.

All Rights Reserved (c) 2010

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: