Friday, January 29, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans
By Ieisha McIntyre

When plan A failed
It freed my mind,

to believe that plan B was possible.

That every if, and, or but
and the woulda, coulda, shoulda’s
had the right to be resuscitated.

The right --
to be released,
to be wild,
to be free,
to wreak havoc and run amuck
upon the failing seeming normal. 


I laugh now when I meet those clinging feverish to their plan A –
having tied too tightly the rope around Plan B’s neck –

Never having jumped,

they left it there until the blood pooled and
the flesh turned black decay
and the head of the thing just fell away.

I should sympathize.

But, I have not time to linger over dead things.

All Rights Reserved © 2010



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: