Sunday, April 11, 2010

NAPOWRIMO #9-ANSWER

Answer
by Ieisha McIntyre

After all the years of question,
You are my answer. 

To every sleepless addiction bitten night, 
you are my answer.  

You are every prayer’s answer 
for all the days spent off balance and searching.

You are my answer.

My home base and safe place, 
my shelter from the rain. 

When my words have left me
 as easily as my breath,
 when my heart has not the strength 
to push blood through my body, 
your face is the last that my mind will see.
 the smell of your neck,
 the last scent my body yearns for.  

You are my morning sunshine, kiss of heaven.
 You are my answer.

All Rights Reserved (c) 2010




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: